Call Us: 800-218-4947


Free Delivery $250 Orders
Free Curb Side $500 Orders
*Some Exceptions Apply

Keep children safe around natural gas fireplaces

A natural gas fireplace is like a magnet in most homes - they encourage people to gather because they are warm and comforting. This is especially true when the temperatures begin to drop outside. Be aware of the potential so that the entire family can spend time together safely.

Never use your natural gas fireplace if the glass panel is removed, cracked or broken. Don't try to replace the panel by yourself, hire a licensed technician instead.

Ensure that the chimney or vent is clear of any debris to be sure that the fireplace is receiving enough fresh air intake to burn efficiently.

Young children should never be left unsupervised around gas fireplaces. Many children burn their hands and fingers from contact with the glass barrier at the front of the gas fireplaces. Burns can happen when toddlers fall towards the gas fireplace, and push up against the hot glass for balance or touch the glass out of curiosity, resulting in serious third degree burns.

The glass barrier can heat up to over 200oC in about six minutes during use, and takes 45 minutes to cool to a safe temperature after the fire has been switched off.

Take a few simple steps to keep children safe.

Create a barrier around the gas fireplace. Safety guards can be installed to keep children at a safe distance at all times. Or use safety door gates to keep children out of the room the fireplace is in.

Consider not using the fireplace if you have children less than five years old in your home. Or, use it only after children have gone to sleep.

 Invalid XSL file path.

Recent Comments

Orders Desk


Contact Us Form


Technical Information Request

  Email us

General Information

  Email us