Call Us: 800-218-4947

Blog

Free Delivery $250 Orders
Free Curb Side $500 Orders
*Some Exceptions Apply

Archive for November 2014

It is important to have your fireplace properly inspected and cleaned by a pro before lighting for the first time each year. This will help to deter any hazards that could start a fire in your home, such as chimney blockage, weather deterioration, or invasive animal nests. It is also a great time to ask questions about how to safely use your fireplace.

You’ve got to be careful when buying firewood. Buying recently cut wood can spread oak wilt, common on Texas trees. The fungal disease can destroy a red oak in a matter of months. And if it’s cut up for firewood and hauled around the state, it can spread the disease. There are probably more than 50 centers of the disease in the Dallas area, says Jim Houser of the Texas A&M Forest Service, and 76 counties have reported the infection. Central Texas has been hit hardest, particularly around Austin.

All fireplaces start with a good operating and well maintained chimney. Using your fireplace when there is a build-up of creosote is very dangerous and can lead to a chimney fire also resulting in a full blown house fire. How do you know if you have a creosote build-up? Well, the easiest way is to call your local chimney sweep. If you are handy and physically able to climb on your roof, you can co the inspection and possible cleaning yourself.

Does your fireplace always seem to have an odor, even when you're not using it? 

Recent Posts

Recent Comments

Orders Desk

  800-218-4947


Contact Us Form

  Form


Technical Information Request

  Email us


General Information

  Email us